- Player postgame comments vs Maryland
- Coaches postgame comments vs Maryland
- Country Roads postgame Maryland
- WVU Mantrip vs Maryland
- Brad Paisley singing Country Roads!
- Player postgame comments Liberty
- Dana Holgorsen postgame comments Liberty
- Country Roads postgame Liberty
- The “Backyard Brawl” is Back!!
- WVU vs. Georgia Southern Pics
Creating turnovers an issue for defense
It’s not the defense I’m worried about.
Check it out:
That West Virginia defense that allowed only 40 points in the first three games gave up 30 in Saturday’s loss to Maryland and readies now for back-to-back games against the top-ranked and 10th-ranked scoring offenses in college football.
Yet that same defense didn’t get much help in defeat.
The Terrapins scored touchdowns after four of WVU’s first five turnovers – and they took three knees to end the game after the sixth. One score was an interception return touchdown, and Maryland’s three other touchdown drives following a turnover were six, 24 and finally 89 yards when it was already 30-0 late in the fourth quarter.
“That last drive, I put them in tough situations blitzing and trying to make something happen,” defensive coordinator Keith Patterson said following the 37-0 loss. “I wasn’t worried about anything but trying to get the ball back one more time.